November 28, 2008 5 Comments
Finally its here! A documentation and showcase of history and heritage of Calbayog that will instill pride among generations of Calbayognons is now a book.
The book traces the beginnings of Calbayog’s history and explores its cultural, economic and political development as the premier city in Samar island and the center of the Diocese in Samar. It also showcase the beautiful natural tourist attractions that make it the Philippines’ only City of Waterfalls.
Features six major stories:
- Calbayog’s social and economic history;
- Calbayog as the Religious Center of the province;
- The culture of Calbayog showing its music, theater & dance, literature, and visual arts;
- Governance with its unique role as the only city in the entire island of Samar;
- Its people who have propelled Calbayog to national prominence and have accomplished outstanding achievements; and
- Calbayog’s Natural Heritage.
The book is hard bound with protective sleeve, contains about 200 full color pages and glossy photographs, 11×26 inches in full spread, and will be printed in limited (1,000) copies only.
Take a peek!
Keep posted for the Book Launching date!
For details and reservation of copies, please contact:
Engr. Arnol F. Trani
+63917.304.3657 or (635) 209.2913